19 November 2013

Said are you ready

I decided to save the Falafel Coronation Surprise for an upcoming family picnic comprising several vegetarians. That might sound a bit mean seeing as I described it as 'vile', but maybe it will be more to their taste and either way there'll be more mouths to get rid of it. Meanwhile I have addressed myself to the matter of the famous Piri Piri Breaded Tofu and you can read all about it here.

I forgot to mention last time that I enjoyed a fair bit of World Series Baseball over winter. So many people who look like W. G. Grace (I'm thinking of you in particular, Mike Napoli) standing in front of other people who look like Hannibal Lecter. It's a winning combination. Plenty of Buddha Warriors in that code. I'm very pleased to learn that Mike Young, a former baseball player and coach born in Chicago, has been recalled to the Australian cricket staff. Hope he can improve the standard of cricket ground hotdogs while he's here.

I also didn't share my discovery of the Boyd Rankin Parlour Game. It's pretty simple. You see Boyd Rankin and you start singing the Beat's "Ranking Full Stop". Then instead of "Full stop... Rankin full stop", you cleverly change it to "Full toss... Rankin full toss" or even "Full stretch... Rankin full stretch" if he makes an impressive outfield catch. Rankin has a disappointing tendency not to bowl all that full, but to be honest it makes no difference to the game. I see him and even before he bowls I can warm up with, "Said are you ready, are you ready to toss (x 2)..." before falling back on the standard "Full toss, Rankin full toss" (x infinity). Draw out the fuuuuull and roll the r for maximum satisfaction. My endless source of amusement could make for a very long summer for others. Don't start me on my George Bailey "Mr Cellophane" whistle.

I'm ready. Play ball!

2 comments:

  1. And je ne sais WTF to you too. (Had to google Boyd Rankin to remember who you were talking about, and embarrassed to say I don't know the song...) Your bravery in taking on the tofu dish is noted. David Warner would NOT describe you as having eyes of fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I don't think I would even recognise Boyd Rankin in the street, I remember him only as a parlour game pretext. The English obviously need to get vegan tips from Siddle.

    ReplyDelete